Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can cupcakes be "good for you"?



Okay, so I am pretty sure these aren't a health food but they are much better for you than the traditional cupcake. I got this recipe for Zucchini Ginger Cupcakes from Epicurious several years ago and it is awesome. It calls for honey instead of sugar and instead of butter or milk you use olive oil--however, I used a mix of olive oil and canola oil because I didn't want the olive oil flavor to take over. The zucchini makes these cupcakes really moist, too. Because I still don't really understand the difference between muffins and cupcakes, I put raw sugar on the tops of half of the batch (aka muffins) and made cream cheese frosting for the other half (aka cupcakes). The cupcake liners I used are almost mini sized, so while the second batch was baking I sat in front of my mixer full of frosting and ate one, or two, too many...while they were still warm!! But, hey, they are full of veggies?! You could probably make these vegan really easily by using agave nectar and a mashed banana instead eggs.

In other news, it has been snowing since 5:30 this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment