Friday, January 1, 2010

Brunch

My friend's mom was in town this week so we all went to a Swedish breakfast place up north. It took us almost an hour to get there but it was so worth it. Tre Kronor was small and cheery and really delicous. Sometimes the classic breakfast of eggs, toast, and potatoes can be really slopped-up and greasy but theirs was perfect. I also shared a plate of pancakes, which were really more like crepes and were served with lingonberry jam--my favorite!! Next door this is great shop full of beautiful Scandinavian housewares.




Today, Kyle and I both have the day off, so we went out to brunch at Flo (their website really doesn't do the place justice). I should have taken a photo of the restaurant; everything was great. I had the polenta hash with sauteed veggies and poached eggs that were literally swimming in poblano sauce. To drink I had a super spicy homemade bloody mary. Kyle had a breakfast with black beans, scrabbled eggs, pico de gallo, and lots of cheese.



We were both stuffed but when I saw Hoosier Mama Pie Company I couldn't just pass by. Being a sucker for sweets, I ordered a house coffee and a huge slice of chocolate cream pie. Their store is tiny, but really perfect. The atmosphere is very 1950's kitchen in the most charming way. Also, I had a really hard time leaving the precious little mug I drank out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment