Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brownies!

I never make brownies. Instead it is always cookies...and sometimes cupcakes. While looking at Kate Miss' blog (she makes these amazing necklaces), I found a brownie recipe she linked to. I realized I had everything I needed in my fridge and decided it was brownie time.

Here is the slightly altered brownie recipe from (Inside A Black Apple)

You need: mixing bowl, microwave proof dish, parchment, and an 8" sq. baking dish

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (I used Earth Balance, so my friend Betsy with dairy allergies can eat them, too!)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar (I used Evaporated cane juice)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
Pinch salt
Tbsp Vanilla (I really like vanilla so I totally eyeballed this one)
Also--I added a small handful of dark chocolate chips...maybe half a cup? And about 1/4 cup of unsweetned shredded coconut. I have a reaaally hard time not tampering with recipes!

1. Preheat Oven to 390 (I have never baked anything at such a strange temperature--I set my oven on 375 and we will see what happens!)
2. Melt butter in microwave
3. Pour melted butter into mixing bowl, then add sugars. Mix well.
4. Add eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, and generous tablespoon-splash of vanilla, and mix well.
5. Line a glass baking dish with parchment, pour in batter, and pop in oven.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, test with a toothpick in the center to see if they are done.
7. Cool until you can't stand it any longer. Let out a little wimper when you realize you should have baked brownies last week when you still had Jeni's salty carmel ice cream.

So now I remember that I don't make brownies because a) I love to lick the bowl b) they are delicious and I have no self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment