Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Snack Revolution!

Oven Roasted Chickpeas! They are so good! I have come across this idea at Apartment Therapy several times and hadn't tried it until now. Kyle has been at work really late for several nights and I was trying to think of a treat for him to come home to. He likes savory over sweet, so I think he will love these. The only problem is I can't stop eating them. Hopefully, he will make it home before I devour all of these crunchy little beans.

picture via Apartment Therapy

I rinsed canned chickpeas, tossed them in olive oil, salt, garlic powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Because it is so hot outside, I decided to use my toaster oven and it worked out really well. Bake the chickpeas at 400 degrees, stirring frequently, until they are brown and crispy, about 30-40 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this today - Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely thinking of you when I was making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these and they were delicious. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me! I wasnt able to find canned ones down here, beause nothing is canned, but i just bought them dry, soaked them, and then went about it like you did. I made them fairly spicy and then squeezed some lime over the top...really good!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete