Friday, July 3, 2009

Strawberry Nut Bread

I wanted to share the recipe for Strawberry Nut Bread. I don't remember where I found this originally, but I have altered it slightly. This bread is so good because it is so moist and the little bits of strawberries are awesome.


Strawberry Nut Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (one 16 oz package)
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate medium sized bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in the oil and strawberries. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Mix in the nuts. Grease 2 bread loaf pans and fill half full with batter. I like to sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the tops of the loaves. Bake for about an hour or until the bread passes the toothpick test. Cool the bread in the pans on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes. The loaves should come out easily from the pans, then continue cooling on the racks. Eat a slice right away. Then come back in 10 minutes and try it again. Then maybe again after dinner...

I went to the Green City Market this week in Lincoln Park. It was kind of drizzling but I got garlic scapes! Also, I saw this hilarious "green roof" mini-van.

No comments:

Post a Comment