Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ranger Cookies












Today I made the perfect cookies. My grandma has been making Ranger Cookies since the 1950s but I just now got the recipe. When she moved into a new town a neighbor brought over a plate of cookies and this recipe.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream: 1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
Add: 2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix ingredients together.
Sift and add: 2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add and stir: 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup coconut (I used sweetened because it was all I could find)
1/2 cup nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts would also be good)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Drop on greased cookie sheet, bake for 12-15 minutes


I froze half of the dough because it made so much. Plus...everyone knows that the dough is the best part! You could also add raisins instead of chocolate chips. I am going to play around with dried blueberries or cranberries next time.



Tonight I went downtown and saw The Feelies play for free. The show was so much fun and it was very summertime. However, next time I am packing a picnic and some beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment